Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why does the universe hate me?

Today was a crap day. One of my coworkers that I am close with has an 11 month old. She has been planning her first birthday party for months now and has to run every detail by me. Today she was in hyper drive about it and was in my office every 15 minutes to discuss it. I can't even pretend to be interested anymore. Then the emails started about planning a baby shower for another pregnant coworker. This is the girl that likes to brag that it only took her two weeks to get knocked up. So all day I was cced on emails about this shower in between party planning hell. I may never get to have a baby shower of my own or plan my child's first birthday party so these things kill me. I wanted to close my door and shut down my email. I was actually excited to get out of work and go to the gym where I thought I would be away from baby talk, but of course not. I was stalked at the gym by a very pregnant woman. Every time I would get on a machine, she would get on the one right in front of me and in between reps she would rub her belly and point out kicks to her friend. And to top it off she is like 7 months pregnant and weighs less than me. Then on the way home from the gym the DJ starts talking about all the pregnant celebrities. I am convinced its a conspiracy to drive me completely insane. I should go ahead and order my straight jacket because I am going to need it sooner rather than later.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Its days like that when you need to go home a treat yourself to a good glass of wine! I hope today is better.

Bethany Lenhart said...

Yuck! I feel the same way many times. I always wonder if it is always like this or do I notice it more now that I know I can't have that.

Crysbena said...

Ouch... I'm so sorry... I totally know how you feel. I felt like attack of the pregnant girls the other day and it was so painful. Keep your head up.