Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Clomid Day 1

I took my first pills last night at about 7:45. So far so good. I turned the a/c down and slept in shorts to try to ward off hot flashes and it seemed to work. I do have a slight headache today, but it could also be allergies. I found this during my Clomid research today: The chances of a multiple birth (twins) increases 40 times while taking Clomid. I don't know how reliable the source is though, but its kind of scary to think about. While J and I would both love twins, twin pregnancies are difficult and two babies at once is overwhelming. But if by some miracle this IUI works and I do get pregnant with twins, I will be overjoyed. Still one baby is the ideal for me. More freakouts to come...

**Update: My head is throbbing. Its going to be a long few days.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good Luck! I hope you don't have too many symptoms!

Unknown said...

Good luck my dear!

Kristen said...

Good luck! I felt the same way about the risk of multiples with clomid...and then I only ended up having one follicle anyway. My RE said the risk of twins is 10% w/ clomid, so hopefully you'll be in that 90% ;)