Friday, March 27, 2009

Struggling to stay afloat

Why do people find it necessary to brag about how easy it was for them to get pregnant. Case in point: We had a seminar for work yesterday and then went out to lunch afterward. My coworker is pregnant so of course the conversation turned to pregnancy. One woman said her daughter got married in November and is due in October, to which the pregnant coworker replied, "It only took me 2 weeks" Then everyone at the table jumped in with how easy it was for them to get pregnant. I sat there feeling like a freak of nature and trying to keep the attention from turning to me, which of course it did. "So do you have any children?" To which I replied "No, No i don't" and turned my attention back to my food before anyone could ask when I planned to have some, because we all know I am not getting any younger. It was then that I wished I had ordered the chicken fingers and fries that I really wanted instead of the WW approved grilled chicken and broccoli. At least it would have been some comfort.

No comments: