Friday, September 12, 2008

I have officially started treatment

So I just took my first pill, so I have officially started treatment. Pretty exciting! We had our post coital this morning. It confirmed the cervicitis diagnosis. There should be at least 20 live sperm per field, we had 5-10 per field alive and swimming. Since J's SA was good, my CM is the culprit. My body is killing the sperm. Dr. S let us look through the microscope. It was pretty cool to see the little guys swimming around. One was swimming in circles. J and I were laughing at him. So we were both prescribed some high powered antibiotics to take for one week. Then we take a week off and follow up with another round of antibiotics, less powerful ones this time. J has to take them too, because he could be a carrier of whatever it is causing the cervicitis. We then are supposed to try for this cycle and then one more. If I am not pregnant, we go back for another post coital and go from there. Dr. S is pretty confident that these 2 rounds of antibiotics will clear it up and we should have no problems conceiving on our own. I chickened out and didn’t ask about the IUI. Maybe next time I can build up the nerve. We do need to treat the cervicitis first either way so I guess it doesn’t really matter at this point anyway. I should be ovulating in the next couple of days so I don’t know if the antibiotics will have any effect before I ovulate, so I am not getting my hopes up too much for this cycle.

4 comments:

JenM said...

I hope the antibiotics do the trick! Wouldn't it be great if that was all it would take?

True Companions Plus One? said...

I am so happy for you guys that you have a Dx. And here's a bit of warning - when they say to take food with the antibiotics - especially the Doxy (I haven't been on the other) - they mean it! I took it a couple times on an empty stomach and paid for it - vomited in the work parking lot both times. Good times :-) lol

I wish you the best of luck!

Kristi said...

So happy that you've finally gotten a Dx...hopefully the meds will be all you need!

GOOD LUCK!!

Unknown said...

Hello!

I found your blog through Nest Baby and have to tell you how much I can relate to you! My husband and I have been TTC for 9 months now. After first it was okay, but every month that it hasn't happened has just gotten harder for me. It is difficult. My husband actually had a SA done in July and it came back that he had a slightly low sperm count. Now I'm wondering if we will even be able to conceive naturally. Do you know what other people have done when their husbands have a low sperm count? Anyways, its been great reading your blog- I identify with it SO much. Good luck with everything- I hope your antibiotics work!