Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HSG and Diagnosis

So I had my HSG today. I am not going to lie, it hurt like hell. The insertion of the catheter was the worst part and it fell out and he had to redo it. OMG it hurt. When the dye went in it felt like intense cramping, but once it was all over there was no more pain. My tubes are all clear. Yay! He also mentioned that my CD 3 blood work was normal. I go back Friday morning for a post coital test and to go over the next steps. I am kind of nervous about that. Oh yeah and I have a diagnosis: Cervicitis/endocervicitis. Basically its an infection of the cervix that kills the sperm. From my extensive googling, it looks like it can be cleared up with some high powered antibiotics. So I guess I will find out Friday what he wants to do about it. I am also planning on suggesting an IUI for next cycle, we will see what he says.

2 comments:

True Companions Plus One? said...

Congrats on getting that out of the way! I'm curious what they end up doing with the infection and the decision on the IUI. Isn't it amazing what they can figure out? Makes you wish you could see them sooner than the 12 mos. Good luck and keep us posted!

mats said...

Yay for clear tubes.... sorry about the cervicitis. I have big hopes for you and the IUI!
Now go find some Thai food... STAT.