Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Dentist

So I had to go to the dentist. I don’t mind the dentist. I am not one of those who is terrified of drilling and pulling, but this trip sucked! You would think the dentist’s office would be baby free right? I mean babies don’t have teeth. I walk into the waiting room and have a seat. I am surrounded by pictures of the dentist’s adorable little kids. I turn around and behind me is a bulletin board plastered with wedding and baby announcements from the local paper. So now I am not only in pain, but on the verge of tears from all the baby related things surrounding me. I get called back and whisked into the x-ray room. As I stand in this stupid machine with my head held firmly in place by various rods and straps I can only look forward and right in front of my face is a cute little sign with pictures of babies and bottles and blocks that’s says “Please tell us if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant” No, thank you very much, I am not pregnant. After staring at this sign for what seemed like forever I am taken to the room to wait for the dentist and what should be on the table in front of me? Another sign asking if I am pregnant. Seriously why are you torturing me like this? Dentist looks at my mouth and says what I knew he was going to say “Those wisdom teeth have to come out”. Damn. He tells me is going to prescribe me some antibiotics to keep from getting an infection and warns me if I am on BCP make sure to use a back up. F* it all.

1 comment:

True Companions Plus One? said...

Oh wow - and here I was thinking it'd be tough enough going to the dentist because, well, it's the dentist - no one (except apparently you! haha) likes going there.

But wow, that turned out much tougher than I imagine anyone would have guessed. I'm so sorry! Hopefully they get all this moving quickly and you can be done with it and not have to go back for a good while :-(