Thursday, January 14, 2010

Not a great OB appt

The babies looked great and they are growing like they should, but my cervix went from 3.6 cm to 2.4 cm due to the BH contrax so I am now on oral terbutaline until they come and set me up with a terb pump which should be tomorrow. I am pretty terrified of all this, but I know I am getting great care which helps. In addition to the terb pump I will be getting a home uterine activity monitor which i will use 2x a day for an hour each. It will transmit the data to a nurse and she will call me and give me instructions. I have not been put on strict bedrest just told to rest rest rest and take it easy so I have pretty much put myself on bedrest just getting up to pee and get snacks. Its going to be a long next couple of months but I really want to keep these babies in for at least 10 more weeks. Sunday is V-day and I am counting down the minutes. I am hoping it will be a milestone that will give me a tad bit of relief. I will be sure to post pics of all my new accessories.

3 comments:

pmarie33 said...

you need an assistant.

Mari said...

you and the babies are in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

:( Do you have a laptop? Because if you are on self imposed bed rest, I would like more Nikki time. k thx

Seriously, good luck - hope these new steps will keep them inside, gorwing and happy