Saturday, April 18, 2009

I am trying to stay positive

I am really trying to stay positive this cycle, but I am failing miserably. My RE was positive I would get pregnant within the first 3 cycles following the lap. I am trying to trust that he is the doctor and therefore knows what he is talking about and has seen these situations hundreds of times. This is the 3rd cycle post lap, therefore I should get pregnant this cycle, right? The doctor knows best, right? I keep telling myself this, but I don't believe it. I had another breakdown this morning. This is just so unfair. What did I ever do to deserve infertility? What scares me the most is moving onto IUI next cycle and it not working. Then what? IVF, what if that does not work either? What if I can never get pregnant? I know I should not think about all the what ifs, but I can't help it. I am just a negative person, I always have been and infertility is making it 100 times worse. I just want my life back.

4 comments:

shawnandlarissa said...

I remember feeling all the "what if" overwhelming crap. Just try to concentrate on today. If you think too much about what might be ahead tomorrow sometimes it's just too much to handle.
~smilelari~

Crysbena said...

I think I could've wrote this post. I totally know how you feel. I'm feeling worried it may never happen but we have to stay hopeful. Good luck!

kim said...

I hear ya. I am already halfway through my insurance-paid IVFs and I always wonder "what if?" especially since we never went the Clomid or IUI route, and went straight to the "big guns." It's so scary. But I agree with Lari. Just concentrate on today. The rest is just too overwhelming.

Anonymous said...

I'm rooting for you!!