Thursday, August 21, 2008

RE Appointment

So we had our first RE appointment today. It was not as bad as I imagined it was going to be. DH was called in first to give his sample and then I was called back for my exam. It went pretty quickly and we got the SA results back within half an hour. DH’s boys are fine. There are plenty of them and they can swim so that’s not our problem. He was pretty happy with this news. Based on just my initial exam Dr. S thinks that our problem may be that I have an inflamed cervix and it could be causing problems for the little swimmers. Once AF starts I will have CD3 blood work and he scheduled my HSG for September 10. He also wants to do a post coital to see if the cervix is the culprit. He loved that I have been charting and he took the time to look at each on of them. He thinks that the cycles I ovulated on CD 16 or 17 may be a little late, but he didn’t really think that was the problem. He said it is now his job to get us pregnant and he seems confident in his ability to do it. The nurse was so sweet and she thinks I have PMS and that’s the reason for my visits, wink wink. The RE’s office is about 45 minutes away, but there is a lab here in town somewhere so I can go there for my blood work, that’s great because that is less time I will have to take off of work and arise suspicion.

2 comments:

JenM said...

Sounds like a great appointment, and congrats to your DH on his swimmers. I hope they figure out what is going on with your cervix.

True Companions Plus One? said...

Ah, that's great! And how interesting about your cervix - I would never have thought about that!