Monday, August 18, 2008

Inventory

This morning I caught myself doing what I always do on the day of ovulation...inventory. I counted how many CBEFM sticks I have left – 6 (I will need to order a new box), I counted how many OPKs I have left (11 – I ordered 24 First Response ones from Ebay for $11, pretty good deal -- I will have enough for next cycle) I also counted how many HPTs I have left (1 FRER and 4 digitals). It hit me that this is a depressing ritual. I am essentially preparing for the next cycle on the day of ovulation. How lame is that? I then made a mental note to go buy a pineapple at lunch and checked the fridge to see if I still had any yogurt for my smoothies and what the expiration dates are (I have almost a full large container with an expiration date of next week). I am now prepared for the 2ww.

1 comment:

True Companions Plus One? said...

Hey there - what recipe do you use for your smoothie? And isn't it crazy what rituals we get into? And how we easily start doubting even before it's over? Guess it's a defense mechanism, but it still sucks. :-(

I do want to wish you the very best of luck, though - I'll be thinking of you and looking for updates!