Saturday, February 13, 2010

Score

An old co-worker just gave my 8 boxes of baby girl clothes! I went through them all yesterday and they are all 6-24 months, so once this girl grows into them she will be styling! Now I have to get J to carry them all up to the attic until we need them. She also gave me another boppy and 2 covers so now I have 2 boppies and 3 covers. 2 of the 3 covers are girly so I am planning on getting one more neutral one for baby boy. So far we have been so lucky and have been given 2 swings, 2 boppies, a play mat, a bathtub, and a practically brand new Medela breast pump. I can't wait until my shower because I am in full out nesting mode and I have to keep stopping myself from ordering everything because I need to know now that it is taken care of, if that makes sense. Like the other night I was on diapers.com and has my cart full of newborn diapers but stopped myself because I need to see how many diapers we get at the shower. I don't want to have too many newborns that they will grow out of before we use them all.

My glider came in the other day and I love it. J and his dad also went and bought 2 of these from Buy Buy Baby with the 20% off coupons we got in the mail. Those coupons are like gold around here.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tomorrow will be 28 weeks, which is my first goal and while we don't want them to make an appearance for at least 8 more weeks, its comforting to know they now have a 95% chance of survival. My nephew was born at 28 weeks and although he was in the NIC-U for 4 months he is now a healthy happy almost 7 year old with no lingering health problems.

I went yesterday and got my hair highlighted and cut and I am so happy to have done something for myself. It was a lot on me and I noticed a lot of contractions while I was there and sitting up for so long so my plan for the weekend is to stay on the couch and rest even though I want to go out and play in the snow, which only happens like once every 10 years around here.

4 comments:

mats said...

it is so nice to be able to go out and pamper yourself. especially when you've been on limited mobility. you deserve it!

Kristen said...

I totally know what you mean about the nesting thing - I just want to go out and buy everything NOW, but I know I have to wait until after my last shower, which isn't for two more months. It's killing me.

AO said...

Yup, I feel the same way about wanting to get everything we need NOW. I don't have any showers set until mid & late March, and I'm going crazy, especially with the bedrest and realizing that we have essentially nothing yet if baby were to come early. Have fun nesting!

Lindsay said...

How sweet of your co-worker.