Saturday, February 6, 2010

3rd Tri

I am officially in the 3rd trimester! Yay! I had a MFM appointment yesterday and everything looked good. My cervix is holding steady at 3.5cm and the babies fluid levels and blood flow looked good. We didn't get any u/s pics though since it was just a quick u/s to check cervix and fluid. We will get another growth scan in 2 weeks. We did have a problem getting the NST done because the babies would not stay on the monitors. It took almost 2 hours to get it done. We tried when we first got there and the nurse thought she had both babies, but turns out it was just one even though the monitors were spaced pretty far apart. She tried for awhile to find the other baby and could only pick up one heartbeat so she sent us on to u/s to get our measurements and see the positioning of the babies. Turns out the problem was they are chest to chest in there making it very difficult to pick up 2 distinct heartbeats. So we went back to the NST room and the u/s tech who did the u/s came in to place the monitors since she knew where they were. As soon as she would find one it would run away from the monitor. It took another 45 minutes to get them on the monitors long enough to get enough data. They were not happy about being bothered. I have never felt them move around so much and so violently. Then Baby A got hiccups. This was the first time I have ever felt that and I would have never even noticed it, but the nurse had her hand near baby A holding the monitor trying to chase her down and she said she thought the baby had hiccups and when I concentrated I could feel the little jerks. She turned up Baby A's sound and we could hear the little jerks on the monitor. It was too cute, but it made her even more mad and she refused to be still long enough to get anymore readings on her. Maybe next time there will be less room for them to hide and we will have an easier time getting the readings we need.

I have noticed my contractions have picked back up in the past week so I mentioned it to the Dr. and she increased my Terb by 10% and that has seemed to help. I was worried the terb was losing its effectiveness, but she said its perfectly normal for contractions to pick up as my uterus gets bigger. Thats the beauty of the terb pump. Its very easy to adjust the doses slightly. I am still on a pretty low dosage so there is room to increase as needed.

I have a few craft projects I plan to work on this week. I have to finish painting the names for over the cribs and then I want to attempts to make mobiles. So hopefully all that will keep me busy for awhile.

No comments: