Monday, October 19, 2009

There is baby stuff in my house

Eeek! Today a wonderful coworker gave me: a swing, a tub, a jumper, a play mat and a $300 Medela breast pump that she used for 2 weeks. Everything looks brand new! We added it all to the pile of crap in the to be nursery. We have so much work to do to that room. I walk in there to do stuff and get overwhelmed and don't know where to begin and leave. All of J's crap is in there and its bursting at the seams. We have some serious purging to do. I need to take some before pictures.

I also bought a snoogle yesterday. I still can't get comfortable on my side. I can only sleep on my back. I am trying to train myself to sleep on my left side, but my left arm goes numb every time. Sometimes I manage to fall asleep on my side, but I always wake up on my back. Once laying on my back becomes uncomfortable I will probably not sleep at all.

I ordered a dopplar today. I am excited for it to come in but also nervous. I know if I can't find the heartbeats I will freak out, but I have my OB appointment on Monday, so it will be a short lived freak out. I have gotten spoiled by the weekly u/s and now I have to go 2 weeks and I am not even sure I will get one at my first OB appointment. I wish they sold at home u/s machines.

I leave you with an 11w1d belly pic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

kim said...

Damn. Can you cancel your doppler order? I'll give you mine. :)

Nikki Godbee said...

Thanks Kim! But the thing will be here today. Talk about fast shipping! But i only rented it for a month, so if i am still freaking out by then I will hit you up!

Kristen said...

I ordered a doppler for the same reason. And ditto on having a lot of crap to do in the future nursery. Right now it's MH's "bedroom" and we have some serious cleaning out to do.

susanc07 said...

i hear you about the at-home u/s machine. then again i would probably never leave the house.

and the side sleeping gets better, b/c i was a stomach sleeper before, and that's definitely not happening now. GL! i hope it gets easier for you.