Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First OB appointment

I had my first OB appointment yesterday. It went great except for the fact that I was there for over 3 hours. My appointment was at 2 so we got there about 1:40 because we knew there would be papers to fill out. Then the power went out. After about 10 minutes everyone was given the option to reschedule or wait it out. Most people left so we decided to give it 30 minutes since it was looking like we would be the next ones called back since everyone in front of us left. Well it came back on about 20 minutes later and we were the next ones called back. We met with the dr. and went over all the typical dos and don'ts etc. and she told me that since its twins, she wants me to also see a high risk OB. I will see each dr. every 4 weeks so I will see one or the other every 2 weeks. I then had an exam and a pap and was ushered off to the ultrasound room. Both babies looked great. They were measuring right on track at 12w1d and 12w2d (I was 12w1d) with heart rates of 171 and 165. We weren't able to get a good shot of them both together because they were on different planes. Basically one had its head toward my belly button and its feet toward my spine and the other one was laying right to left. They were sleeping at first so the tech had to wake them up. So cute! Then they drew 8 vials of blood. Eight! The high risk office called today and scheduled my Level II ultrasound for next Friday. I am hoping to catch a glimpse of the goodies but it may still be too early. Here are the little gummy bears:
Baby A
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby B
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


and here is momma bear at 12w1d
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

Buena said...

the power went out? crazy! at least you weren't in stirrups. i'm glad to hear mama bear and babies are doing well. keep it up kids!

G said...

Those are some very cute babies ;)

shotzie said...

Glad everything is going great with the babies!