Monday, July 6, 2009

Cycle 24 = Forced Break

I called this morning to set up my CD3 appointment and the bitchy receptionist said that they were not cycling me this month and was about to hang up (Have I mentioned before I hate her?, I absolutely love everyone else there, but I HATE the receptionist, she sucks so bad I wonder if she is a relative of the Dr. so he can't fire her) I was like no one told me that and she said she would have Beth (My favorite nurse) call me back. So Beth called me back and explained to me that they only like to do 2 medicated cycles in a row then take a break cycle to get everything back to baseline and then reevaluate and start again. They were happy with the way I responded to the Clomid + Follistim and we will probably do that again. She also said they like to do 3 IUIs then discuss IVF. Eeeek! The fact that we have 2 more shots then have to do IVF scares the shit out of me. We need to start getting out finances in order pronto so we can get an equity line on our house. I am really bummed about being forced to take a break. IF sucks.

3 comments:

anne marie said...

I'm sorry Nikki. I hope this month flies by. You've had to deal with a lot of waiting, and I know you are damn sick of it. ((HUGS))

Unknown said...

:( Fuckers

Anonymous said...

Dammit! I'm so sorry Nikki :( I'm sorry you have to wait for another cycle to pass. (((hugs)))