So I had my RE appointment on Friday for the follow-up post coital. The good news is that it looked better. I could definitely see more sperm swimming around than last time and there were a lot less white blood cells. They were kind of cute swimming around. J was proud of them.
The bad news is that if I don’t get pregnant by January, Dr. S wants to do a lap. What, did I hear you right? I never even considered this as a possibility. My HSG looked good, I don’t have nay signs of endo. Well, apparently the fact that I got a fever after my HSG indicates that there was an infection, which could have left scar tissue behind in my tubes. WTF?? The procedure meant to check to see if my tubes were clear could have ended up blocking them? No one told me of this possibility.
The more bad news part: The cervicitis puts me at a higher risk of miscarriage; therefore Dr. S will monitor me very carefully once I do get pregnant. I am so so pissed at my gyno right now. I have had annuals every year since I was 18. She should have seen this way before it progressed this far. It took Dr. S all of 15 seconds at my first appointment to see it and know what it was. When my pap came back abnormal last year instead of just doing a colposcopy and saying, “oh, it not cancer” and sending me on my way, she should have took the time to figure out why my pap was abnormal. All it would have taken was a round of antibiotics and I would not be dealing with IF right now. Needless to say, I will not be going back to her.
{eight year well child}
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment