Thursday, June 19, 2008

My phantom baby is controlling my life!

So I think I am developing Insomnia. I just cannot sleep anymore. Its not that I am not exhausted, because believe me I am, but I cannot manage to fall asleep. My brain refuses to shut down. Its not like I have a high stress job and our finances are in order. It’s the little things that keep creeping in. Did I unplug my space heater at work, did I send out that document, is the garage door shut. Then TTC of course crosses my mind. What if I can’t get pregnant? Can I ever be truly happy without kids of my own? J keeps encouraging me to take some sleeping medicine, but I won’t for fear it will harm my phantom baby. To top it off I think I am coming down with either a cold or a sinus infection. Again I hesitate to take any meds for fear of potentially harming my phantom baby. My phantom baby is controlling my life!

1 comment:

kate said...

Take a benadryl. I had trouble staying asleep when I was pg (before the m/c) and my doctor told me to take benadryl. It's safe during pregnancy (phantom or not) :)